Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Day at St. Louis Public Radio

I am an avid listener and fan of KWMU, 90.7 - my local public radio station. In fact, I'm listening right now.

If you're a listener too, then you've probably heard the "my source" pieces that others have recorded. I decided I wanted to record one too so I emailed the station to let them know what KWMU is my source for and I in return I was invited to tour the station and record my piece.

It was very exciting to see the layout of the station, meet the people behind the scenes and participate in a project that makes an impact on the station. As a listener and member, I value the station more than words can possibly describe and I found myself in a position to give back even more, without actually spending more.

By now you may be wondering what KWMU is my source for and I'll tell you...
I listen all the time and I love Diane Rehm, Talk of the Nation, Market Place, Science Friday, Tell Me More and St. Louis on the Air. During the national programs I find myself waiting to hear, "...and now to a caller from St. Louis, Missouri..." Listening daily for over a decade, I've come to realize there are a lot of public radio listeners in town and they usually call in with pretty smart questions. St. Louis Public Radio is my source for pride in my local community!

Do you listen to public radio all the time too? If so, check out their my source page and send them a note to share why you listen too. This is a remarkable way to give back to our source for balanced news reporting and intelligent talk. Not to mention, if you're sick of hearing the same "my source" pieces repeated, here's your chance to change that. The more stories they have, the less they need to play the same ones repeatedly.

Support public radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment