Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Relevance

Not too long ago, someone told me they didn't know if The Consortium for Graduate Study in Management (where I work) is still relevant. Going back to my own personal experience with jury duty, let me just say that I think our mission is incredibly relevant.

We work to promote diversity and inclusion in the business world by providing educational opportunities to top tier MBA programs. We recruit underrepresented minorities and offer fellowships to those (regardless of ethnic background) who can demonstrate a commitment to our mission of diversity.

There are many ways in which our program attacks the lack of diversity found in the business leadership, though what we do, I believe, also impacts the way the majority thinks of the minority. As our members take on leadership roles after graduation they demonstrate that are smart and capable, thus breaking down stereotypes.

So yes, even this day in age, our mission of diversity and inclusion is important. There are still barriers that need breaking down and mindsets that need to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment